Brightways aims to create a happy, caring and co-operative school community, which celebrates learning in all of its forms. Staff and parents will work together to develop capable, confident and tolerant members of society.
We apply strong universal values to everything we do in school.
- Listening to children is the key to any good school.
- Involving them in some decision-making will encourage their social development as future citizens.
- We expect excellent behavior from everyone in school, positive rewards and fairly applied sanctions are used to promote this.
- A caring attitude towards others leads to everyone’s feelings and beliefs being respected.
- Our daily act of collective worship helps our children to grow socially, morally, culturally and spiritually.
- Regular praise and a feeling of security help to develop self-esteem and an open and questioning mind.
- Curiosity, perseverance and a prevailing “can do” attitude helps children to develop independence in their learning.
- Play is an important element of our curriculum which encourages deep learning & fosters greater enjoyment of school life for children and staff.
- We aim to be a healthy school in our food and drink routines and the provision of regular physical activity.
“Education is the key to unlock the golden door of freedom.” - George Washington Carver
We prepare students to understand, contribute to, and succeed in a rapidly changing society, thus making the world a better and more just place. We will ensure that our students develop both the skills that a sound education provides and the competencies essential for success and leadership in the emerging creative economy. We will also lead in generating practical and theoretical knowledge that enables people to better understand our world and improve conditions for local and global communities.